Raptor Pantry is a food pantry available to students at RU-Camden who are food insecure. National surveys find that on average 20% of students have experienced food insecurity, meaning that they do not have reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food to maintain good health. Our goal is to help fight hunger on campus.
The Food Pantry is now open on Tuesday and Thursday from 1 – 3:45 pm.
The Food Pantry will operate on a first come, first serve basis. We may ask you to schedule same day appointments at the time of your visit to allow for social distancing.
How to Get Assistance
Call the food pantry to make an appointment on Tuesday and Thursdays from 1 to 3:45 pm
- LOCATION: Student Wellness Center, Second Floor in the Campus Center
- CONTACT: 856-225-6005 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available to all students with a Rutgers ID
Do you ever…
- Worry that you do not have enough money for food?
- Cut or skip a meal because you don’t have enough money to buy food?
- Find yourself unable to eat balanced or nutritious meals because of lack of money?
- Go hungry because of a lack of money?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you are eligible to utilize the Raptor Pantry, a food pantry available to Rutgers students who are food insecure.
How to Get Assistance (See Above)
Rutgers-Camden students may qualify for additional assistance.
- We stock the pantry shelves through donations. Most of our food comes from food drives, individual donations and the help of organizations including student groups. This means that the foods you see on the shelves will change over time.
- Because we work from donations, we will sometimes struggle to keep up with demand, especially as we grow. Please keep in mind that others use the pantry. Take only what you need.
- Please be mindful of our guidelines for quantity limits on food. If you have a special circumstance, please let us know.
- We are happy that you are here to use the pantry. We will always treat you with respect and ask that you treat the staff and other shoppers with respect. We ask that you also respect the privacy of other people you may see in the pantry.
- You are welcome to come to the pantry once per week. You may come every week, or just when you need our help.